The Miami Valley Educational Computer Association located in Yellow Springs, Ohio has an immediate opening for a qualified network specialist.
MVECA Network Specialist
Job Objective: Installs, maintains, configures, and supports all equipment associated with WAN and LAN deployments. Supports and maintains associated servers and applications used within established network environments. Coordinates and completes network support tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner. Significant knowledge of network technology will be critical for success in this position.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in technology-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Documented evidence of a clear criminal record.
- In depth knowledge of computing environments.
- Ability to train and support clients.
- Energetic self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to conceptualize, evaluate, prioritize, and solve complex problems.
- Ability to develop training materials and supplemental documentation.
- Ability to establish working relationships with co-workers and function as part of a cohesive team.
- Maintains high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
- Able to work in an interruption intense environment.
- Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information.
- Ability to learn new skills and perform new job functions as work environment changes.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with Cisco IOS, network troubleshooting, mobile device management, direct end-user support, Windows servers, etc.
- Group presentation and customer training experience.
- Work experience in the information technology industry.
- Goal-oriented, career-minded.
Salary commensurate with experience. 260-day employment contract. To apply, please email your resumé to [email protected].